Monday, August 11, 2008

SL Education - Using Multiple Intelligences

Tuesday August 5
Real Life Education meeting at InfoLit School\
Demonstrated a built that illustrates Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences. Unfortunately, I came late and missed the talk - perhaps I would have gotten more out of the build if I had heard it. Fascinating concept - various workstations that will appeal to each of Gardner's various intelligences - numerical logic (a suduku puzzle), art (a pile of colored blocks), nature (animals and plants), kinesthetic (acrobatic animations), etc.

Fascinating idea, although I think the builds could be more creativly implemented. But I got the impression that this is a first draft and perhaps more creativity will come in time.

Something like this would make a great playground for SL beginners.

No comments: